New Hampshire Defective Product Lawyer
Seat belts were designed to protect passengers in the event of an accident or collision. However, when there is a defect with the seat belt, it can result in very serious injuries to the passengers during a collision. Defective seat belts can cause a passenger to be ejected from the vehicle, as well as numerous bodily injuries, such as deep bruising, broken bones, whiplash, back and neck injuries, head trauma, internal injuries, and more.
Winning a Defective Seat Belt Case in New Hampshire
Product liability laws state that companies that design, manufacture, produce, and/or sell products have a legal obligation to ensure their products are free of any hazards or defects that could cause injury or harm to the consumer. If you were injured due to a defective seat belt, you have the right to sue the seat belt manufacturer or retailer for damages. However, in order to successfully recover damages for your injuries, you must establish that:
1. There was a defect in the design, manufacturing, or marketing of the seat belt, and
2. That defect resulted in your injury
At Donahue Law Firm, we will represent you if you have been injured by a defective seat due to the following:
- False latching: the buckle appeared to be latched but it actually wasn’t
- Inertial unlatching: a locked seat belt becomes unbuckled due to the forces generated during a collision
- Inadvertent unlatching: the seat belt releases due to some type of inadvertent contact
- Poor seat belt geometry: the seat belt is too high up on the passenger’s abdomen, and crosses the passenger’s neck instead of their shoulder.
- Webbing failure: webbing needs to be able to withstand the force generated during an accident without ripping or tearing.
- Retractor failure: retractors are responsible for locking the seat belt during a crash. When a reactor fails, it can lead to serious injuries if the seat belt unlocks
- Ripped stitching: refers to seat belts with an extra “loop” of seat belt. When there is excessive slack in the seat belt, it cannot properly restrain a passenger during an accident
- Lap belts only: lap belts can result in severe abdominal or internal injuries during a collision
If you have suffered an injury due to a defective seat belt, we can help you take the legal action needed to recover compensation. At Donahue Law Firm, we strongly believe that manufacturers and retailers who produce and sell defective seat belts need to be held accountable when their products cause injury or harm to others. We are committed to working diligently on your behalf, and doing whatever we can ensure you recover maximum compensation!
To discuss your case at a free consultation, please contact a New Hampshire defective seat belt lawyer at Donahue Law Firm today!